بودكاست التاريخ

نوباتين SP-2195 - التاريخ

نوباتين SP-2195 - التاريخ

نوباتين
(SP-2195: t. 3،539؛ 1. 320'2 "؛ b. 48'1"، dr. 16 '؛ s. 23 k.)

نوباتين عبارة عن وسيلة نقل تم بناؤها عام 1913 بواسطة Harlan & Hollingsworth، Wiimington، Del. aB Manhattan، waB التي حصلت عليها البحرية aB Nopatin من شركة Central Vermont Transportation Co. الكسندر سمارت في القيادة.

تعمل نوباتين في القنال الإنجليزي خلال الأشهر الأخيرة من الحرب ، وقد تبخرت بين ساوثهامبتون وإنجلترا وفرنسا في مهمة خطرة تتمثل في نقل الرجال والإمدادات عبر المياه المليئة بغواصات العدو. بعد الخدمة في وقت الحرب وإيقاف التشغيل ، تم بيعها في 15 أغسطس 1919.


نوباتين SP-2195 - التاريخ

S.S President Grant ، وهي سفينة ركاب إجماليها 18.072 طنًا ، تم بناؤها في عام 1907 في بلفاست ، أيرلندا ، من أجل هامبورغ-أمريكا ليني. شاركت في تكوين فريد منقسمة الفوقية وتكوين ستة صاري مع شقيقتها ، الرئيس لينكولن. بعد سبع سنوات من التشغيل التجاري ، لجأت إلى نيويورك عندما أدى اندلاع الحرب العالمية الأولى في أغسطس 1914 إلى جعل أعالي البحار غير آمنة للسفن التجارية الألمانية ، وظلت غير نشطة حتى دخلت الولايات المتحدة الصراع في أبريل 1917. تم الاستيلاء عليها في ذلك الوقت من قبل حكومة الولايات المتحدة ، تم تسليمها إلى البحرية ، وفي أوائل أغسطس 1917 ، تم تعيينها في منصب رئيس النقل جرانت (تم منحها لاحقًا رقم التسجيل رقم 3014). خلال الفترة المتبقية من الحرب العالمية الأولى ، قامت بثماني رحلات ذهابًا وإيابًا عبر المحيط الأطلسي ، حيث نقلت ما يقرب من 40 ألف راكب (معظمهم من القوات الأمريكية) إلى منطقة الحرب الأوروبية. بعد هدنة 11 نوفمبر 1918 ، أعاد الرئيس جرانت إلى الوطن أكثر من 37000 من قدامى المحاربين وغيرهم من الأشخاص في سياق ثماني رحلات أخرى ذهابًا وإيابًا. تم سحبها من الخدمة في أكتوبر 1919 وتم نقلها إلى الجيش الأمريكي.

في 1920-1921 خدمت السفينة لفترة وجيزة كوسيلة نقل للجيش ، وفي عام 1921 أعيدت إلى مجلس الشحن الأمريكي وتم وضعها. تم تغيير اسمها إلى الرئيس بوكانان في عام 1922 أو 1923 ، ثم أعيدت تسميتها جمهورية وأعيد بناؤها بهيكل علوي موسع ومراجل تعمل بالزيت. خلال العشرينات من القرن الماضي وأوائل الثلاثينيات من القرن الماضي ، قامت خطوط الولايات المتحدة بتشغيلها تجاريًا. استأنفت الجمهورية الخدمة العسكرية في عام 1931 ، وعملت باسم USS Republic (AP-33) في 1941-1945 ، ثم أصبحت مرة أخرى سفينة عسكرية في 1945-1946.

تعرض هذه الصفحة جميع الآراء التي لدينا بخصوص منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف رقم 3014) ، وتوفر روابط لها ، والتي أصبحت فيما بعد جمهورية يو إس إس (AP-33).

إذا كنت تريد نسخًا بدقة أعلى من الصور الرقمية المعروضة هنا ، فراجع: & quot كيفية الحصول على نسخ من الصور الفوتوغرافية. & quot

انقر على الصورة الصغيرة للحصول على عرض أكبر للصورة نفسها.

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

في بريست ، فرنسا.
تحمل هذه الصورة الأصلية تاريخ 18 يوليو 1919. ومع ذلك ، يشير التمويه & quotdazzle & quot الذي يرتديه الرئيس غرانت إلى أنه تم التقاطه بالفعل في عام 1918.

مجموعة بيتر كونيلي. بإذن من William H. Davis ، 1967.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 39 كيلوبايت ، 740 × 575 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

نسخة نصفية لصورة السفينة في نمط التمويه ، حوالي منتصف إلى أواخر عام 1918. تم نشرها بواسطة A.M. Simon، 324 E. 23rd St.، New York City، في عام 1919 كواحدة من عشر صور في & quotSouvenir Folder & quot فيما يتعلق بـ USS President Grant.

تبرع الدكتور مارك كوليكوفسكي 2006.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 79 كيلوبايت ، 740 × 490 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

في مدينة نيويورك ، حوالي ربيع أو صيف عام 1918 ، بعد أن تم رسمها بنمط تمويه.
صورتها نيويورك نافي يارد.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 71 كيلو بايت 610 × 765 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

في مدينة نيويورك ، حوالي ربيع أو صيف عام 1918 ، بعد أن تم رسمها بنمط تمويه.
صورتها نيويورك نافي يارد.
السفينة المموهة وراء مؤخرة الرئيس جرانت هي USS Nopatin (رقم التعريف # 2195). انظر الصورة رقم NH 41747-A للحصول على نسخة مقصوصة من هذه الصورة ، مع التركيز على تلك السفينة.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 88 كيلوبايت ، 630 × 765 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

تبخير في قافلة مع سفن أخرى ، 1918. كانت ترتدي & quot؛ تمويه & quot؛
الصورة الأصلية مطبوعة على بطاقات بريدية (& quotAZO & quot).

تبرع من Charles R. Haberlein Jr. ، 2007.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

حجم الصورة على الإنترنت: 42 كيلوبايت ، 740 × 445 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

في ميناء نيويورك ، 1919.
تصوير إي مولر جونيور ، نيويورك.

تبرع الدكتور مارك كوليكوفسكي 2008.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 96 كيلو بايت 900 × 500 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

في ميناء نيويورك ، 1919.
الصورة الأصلية ، التي التقطها إي. مولر جونيور ، من نيويورك ، مطبوعة على مخزون البطاقات البريدية (& quotAZO & quot).

تبرع الدكتور مارك كوليكوفسكي 2007.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 64 كيلوبايت ، 740 × 490 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

رست على عوامة في الميناء ، حوالي عام 1919.
تصوير & quotHF Co & quot.
الصورة الأصلية مطبوعة على بطاقات بريدية (& quotAZO & quot).

تبرع من Charles R. Haberlein Jr. ، 2007.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

حجم الصورة على الإنترنت: 71 كيلو بايت ، 740 × 465 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

في الميناء ، ربما في نيوبورت نيوز ، فيرجينيا ، 1919.
حقوق الطبع والنشر محفوظة في ذلك الوقت من قبل هولاداي.
الصورة الأصلية مطبوعة على مخزون البطاقة البريدية (& quotAZO & quot).

تبرع من Charles R. Haberlein Jr. ، 2008.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 67 كيلو بايت 740 × 480 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

تم تصويره في عام ١٩١٩ (ربما في ٢ أبريل) ، أثناء عمله في إعادة القوات الأمريكية إلى الوطن من أوروبا.
الصورة الأصلية مطبوعة على مخزون البطاقة البريدية (& quotAZO & quot).

تبرع من Charles R. Haberlein Jr. ، 2008.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

حجم الصورة على الإنترنت: 64 كيلو بايت ، 740 × 495 بكسل

منحة رئيس USS (رقم التعريف # 3014)

نسخة نصفية لصورة السفينة البخارية في قافلة مع وسائل نقل القوات الأخرى ، 1918. تم نشرها من قبل A.M. Simon، 324 E. 23rd St.، New York City، في عام 1919 كواحدة من عشر صور في & quotSouvenir Folder & quot فيما يتعلق بـ USS President Grant.
بناءً على أنماط التمويه والمظهر الجسدي العام ، فإن السفن الثلاث الأقرب إلى الكاميرا هي (من اليسار إلى اليمين): USS Zeelandia (ID # 2507) USS President Grant و USS Huron (ID # 1408).

تبرع الدكتور مارك كوليكوفسكي 2006.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 61 كيلوبايت ، 740 × 475 بكسل

& quot The Original US Troop Transports & quot

رسم بياني تم تجميعه في 16 أغسطس 1919 ، يوضح عدد عمليات النقل عبر المحيط الأطلسي & quotturn ومتوسط ​​مدتها لسبعة وثلاثين عملية نقل للقوات البحرية الأمريكية تم استخدامها أثناء وبعد الحرب العالمية الأولى مباشرة.

مجموعة من جمعية يو إس إس بوكاهونتاس ريونيون ، 1974.

تاريخ البحرية الأمريكية وصورة قيادة التراث.

الصورة على الإنترنت: 157 كيلوبايت ، 690 × 655 بكسل

انقر هنا لتدوير الرسم البياني 90 درجة في اتجاه عقارب الساعة

ملاحظة: تم تحديد السفينة التي شوهدت في الصورة رقم NH 43544 في الأصل ، وبشكل غير صحيح تمامًا ، على أنها USS President Grant ، وتم نشرها على هذا النحو. السفينة في هذا المنظر هي في الواقع USS Susquehanna (رقم التعريف 3016) ، والتي كان لها مظهر مختلف تمامًا.


تاريخ فرجينيا - تشارلز ر.أدير

لمناقشة التاريخ وعلم الأنساب في نيو ريفر فالي بولاية نورث كارولينا وفيرجينيا ، نرحب بك للانضمام إلى مجموعة مناقشة تاريخ الأنساب والتاريخ الجديد للنهر الجديد.

مرحبًا بك ونأمل أن تنضم إلى المناقشات.

ما هو الجديد:

ملاحظات نهر جديدة و [مدش] كاملة

21 يناير 2014

بعد حوالي عامين من العمل ، أكملنا ترقية رئيسية لـ New River Notes. في 21 كانون الثاني (يناير) 2014 ، بدّلنا آخر الملفات المحدّثة ومراجعات الصفحة النهائية.

في كانون الثاني (يناير) 2013 ، قدمنا ​​تخطيط الموقع الجديد ، ولكن نظرًا لوجود العديد من الصفحات المتبقية للقيام بها ، كان هناك لون أحمر كبير قيد الإنشاء في الصفحة الأولى. بعد مرور عام ، انتهينا من جميع الصفحات الموجودة في الموقع الأصلي. اكتمل البناء. لدينا موقع رائع المظهر مليء بالمواد لمساعدتك في بحثك وربما الترفيه عنك.

ملاحظات نهرية جديدة

6 يناير 2013

أطلقت New River Notes ، وهي مورد أنساب رائد في New River Valley في ولاية كارولينا الشمالية وفيرجينيا ، موقعها الإلكتروني الجديد اليوم.

تم إطلاق New River Notes في الأصل في عام 1998 من قبل Jeffrey C. Weaver لتزويد الباحثين في New River Valley بثروة جديدة من المعلومات ويستمر هذا التقليد اليوم من قبل Grayson County ، Virginia Heritage Foundation ، Inc.

مرحبًا بك ونأمل أن تستمتع بمظهرنا الجديد.

تشارلز ر.أدير

تشارلز آر أدير ، الذي أسس في السنوات العديدة الماضية شركة تأمين عام كبيرة وناجحة في Narrows في مقاطعة جايلز ، لا يزال شابًا نسبيًا ، ومع ذلك لديه مجموعة من الخبرات مثل عدد قليل من الرجال.

ولد جده جيمس أدير في 4 يونيو 1807 في مقاطعة داون بأيرلندا. جاء إلى الولايات المتحدة مع عائلة والده ، ويليام وجين وماري وروبرت أدير ، ووصلوا إلى نورفولك بعد أن كان على متن السفينة واحدًا وخمسين يومًا. تزوج جيمس أدير من جين سوارت ، ابنة ويليام ر. سوارت. كانت زوجة ويليام ر. سوارت إليزابيث روجرز ، ابنة هيو وماري (كومبس) روجرز. كان والد هيو روجرز هو آرثر روجرز ، الذي قضى سنواته الأولى في مقاطعة باكس ، بنسلفانيا ، وانتقل بعد ذلك إلى مقاطعة لودون ، فيرجينيا. كان آرثر روجرز نجل ويليام روجرز ، الذي جاء إلى الولايات المتحدة حوالي عام 1720. ومثل ويليام روجرز: في الأسرة المشيخية الأيرلندية الاسكتلندية القديمة لمقاطعة أنتريم ، أيرلندا ، والتي تأسست في أيرلندا بالهجرة من اسكتلندا في منتصف القرن الماضي تقريبًا. القرن السادس عشر.

كان جيمس أدير من أوائل المستوطنين في مقاطعة جايلز بولاية فيرجينيا ، حيث كان يدير مزرعة كبيرة بمساعدة العبيد. هو (كذب في بيل بوينت ، مقاطعة جيلز ، 20 أغسطس ، 1868. ولدت زوجته ، جين أ.سوارت ، في مقاطعة فوكوير ، 30 سبتمبر 1813 ، وتوفيت في بيل بوينت ، 10 مارس ، 7865. كان لديهم عائلة كبيرة من سبعة أبناء وبنتين: ويليام ، من مواليد 24 مارس 1844 إلين أدير ، ولدت في 30 مارس 1845 آسا روجرز ، ولدت في 20 مارس 1846 ، وتوفيت في 24 يناير 1923 روبرت والاس ، من مواليد 3 أبريل 1848 هيو ت. ، 7 أكتوبر ، 1849 جون أ ، المذكور أدناه ماري جين ، المولود في 10 مارس 1854 جيمس آرثر ، ولد في 9 أبريل 1857 ومينيليوس تشابمان ، الذي ولد في 30 يونيو 1862 ، وغرق عند مصب نهر يوكون في ألاسكا ، يونيو 10 ، 1900.

ولد جون أدير ، والد تشارلز آر ، في بيل بوينت ، التي تسمى الآن لوريش ، في مقاطعة جايلز ، 20 يونيو 1851 ، وهو الآن عمليًا مقيم متقاعد في ناروز. نشأ في مقاطعة جيلز ، وأكمل تعليمه تحت إشراف الأستاذ همفري في أكاديمية وايت جيت ، وخصصت سنوات نشاطه في الزراعة. لا يزال Ile يمتلك ممتلكات كبيرة في Narrows. كان منزله في جنوب غرب فيرجينيا ، باستثناء ثلاث سنوات عندما حاول الريادة فيما كان يعرف آنذاك بالبلد الحدودي كانساس ، مقاطعة سمنر ، حيث عاش الكذب وعائلته لمدة ثلاث سنوات ، 1878-1880. وهو ديمقراطي وشغل منصب نائب عمدة مقاطعة جيلز تحت قيادة الشريف جون د. سنيدو أربع سنوات. إيل عضو نشط في الكنيسة المعمدانية التبشيرية. ولدت زوجته الأولى ، فيرجينيا ماكلاوجيرتي ، بالقرب من بيريسبورغ عام 1852 وتوفيت عام 1890. كانت أم لأربعة أطفال: جيمس ، موظف في Narrows Extract Works Charles R. ، Janie ، زوجة Pery O. Ivery ، محاسب تعيش في لانجيلوث ، بنسلفانيا وملكة جمال إلين كايل ، وتعيش مع والدها. تزوج جون أ. أدير من زوجته الثانية فاني دبليو بيك. هناك ثلاثة أبناء لهذا الاتحاد. آرثر سي ، مهندس مدني ومهندس تعدين لدى شركة الولايات المتحدة للصلب في غاري ، فيرجينيا الغربية ، كان في الحرب العالمية لمدة عام واحد ، حيث كان متمركزًا في كامب ميد ، وتم تكليفه ملازمًا ثانيًا في قسم التموين. الابن الثاني بينيت ف ، هو مدير مكتب بريد وتاجر وتاجر سيارات في ريتش كريك في مقاطعة جيلز ، وهو أيضًا من قدامى المحاربين في الحرب العالمية. كان رجل إطفاء من الدرجة الأولى في يو إس إس نوباتين ، وطوال فترة الحرب شارك في نقل القوات الإنجليزية والأمريكية عبر القناة الإنجليزية. الابن الثالث ، جون ألكسندر الابن ، لديه منصب في قسم الهندسة في شركة الصلب في غاري ، فيرجينيا الغربية.

ولد تشارلز آر أدير في 3 فبراير 1880 ، بينما كان والديه يعيشان بالقرب من ويتشيتا في مقاطعة سمنر ، كانساس. كان رضيعًا عندما عادوا إلى فرجينيا ، ونشأ في مقاطعة جايلز ، حيث التحق بالمدارس الريفية والمدارس المتدرجة في Pearisburg ، وأكمل دراسته الثانوية هناك في سن الثامنة عشرة. ولد في الدولة الجنوبية الغربية ، وربما ورث طعم الوجود الحدودي ، حيث ذهب إلى غرب تكساس بعد تركه المدرسة ، وأصبح راعي بقر ، وبقي في المزرعة بالقرب من بارستو أربعة أشهر ، وذهب إلى دمينغ ، نيو مكسيكو ، في جبال تراسرمانوس حيث كان يعمل في مناجم الفضة أربعة أشهر. غادر هناك ، وقام بجولة طويلة في الولايات الغربية ، وعمل في المناجم ، واستخراج الأخشاب ، والمساعدة أيضًا في حصاد القمح ، وكتتويج لتجربته الغربية ، قام بجولة في منزل في أوكلاهوما ، عند افتتاح الأرض هناك عام 1901 ، لكنها لم تنجح في الحصول على موقع. بعد ثلاث سنوات من الوجود القاسي والمتعثر ، عاد في خريف عام 1901 إلى مقاطعة جايلز. لبضعة أشهر ، كان حارسًا للوقت ورجلًا على حق الطريق لشركة Bell Telephone ، ثم أصبح مشترًا لشركة فحم كبيرة في Flat Top Coal Fields ، وبعد ذلك تعلم واتبع تجارة الخباز في سينسيناتي وفي سكك حديد تشيسابيك وأوهايو حقول الفحم. في عام 1906 ، سافر على الطريق كبائع لشركة Brown Manufacturing Company في جرينفيل ، حيث غطى المنطقة الجنوبية حتى عام 1908. وفي العام التالي كان كبير المفتشين لقسم الطاقة الدافعة لسكة حديد نورفولك وأمبير الغربية ، ومقرها في رونوك ، ولمدة واحدة. سافر العام لبيت بقالة بالجملة في فيرجينيا وويست فيرجينيا.

منذ مغادرته الطريق ، تركزت اهتمامات السيد أدير في Narrows ، حيث كان تاجرًا حتى أبريل 1916. ثم انخرط في أعمال التأمين العامة ، وتولى التأمين لمجتمع كبير حول Narrows. يمتلك السيد أدير منزلاً حديثًا في تلك المدينة ، وهو أيضًا مبنى متجر ، ومنذ 1 سبتمبر 1922 ، أصبح قاضي الشرطة في المدينة. يأخذ الكذب: دورًا نشطًا في الشؤون الاجتماعية والمدنية ، وهو نفسه رجل محبوب للغاية ومخلص. إنه ديمقراطي ، وشماس الكنيسة المشيخية ومشرف مدرسة الأحد ، وهو منتسب إلى Giles Lodge رقم 106 ، Ancient Free and Accepted Masons Pearisburg الفصل رقم 29 ، Royal Arch Masons Graham Commandery No. 22 ، Knights Templar ومعبد كاظم للضريح الصوفي في رونوك ، وهو أيضًا عضو في اتحاد المسافرين التجاريين. كان نفوذه وكنيسته تحت تصرف الحكومة خلال الحرب العالمية ، وقد ساعد بنشاط في جميع قروض الحرية وغيرها من المحركات.

في 30 أكتوبر 1907 ، في فورك يونيون ، مقاطعة فلوفانا ، تزوج السيد أدير الآنسة مارغريت ديفيز ، ابنة هنري ونيتي (توماس) ديفيس ، توفيت والدتها الآن. والدها مزارع في مقاطعة فلوفانا. السيدة أدير هي خريجة مدرسة هيل جروف الثانوية في اتحاد فورك. ولهما طفلان ، ماري ديفيس ، المولودة في 26 مايو 1909 ، وتشارلز روبرت ، المولود في 29 سبتمبر 1914.


يحتوي هذا الإصلاح العاجل على تحديثات لخدمة MIM ومدخل MIM ومكونات PAM.

  • الحالة: MIM 2016 Service Pack 2 (SP2) لشهر أكتوبر 2019
  • رقم إصدار BHOLD المطابق: 6.0.62.0

تأكد من قراءة دليل نشر MIM للحصول على قائمة محدثة من المتطلبات المسبقة والقيود المتعلقة ببيئات TLS 1.2 فقط ، ودعم حسابات الخدمة المُدارة للمجموعة ومسار الترقية من إصدارات MIM و FIM السابقة.

تتوفر حزمة مجموعة الخدمات Service Pack 2 (SP2) (الإصدار 4.6.34.0) لبرنامج Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) 2016. وهو تحديث تراكمي يحل محل تحديثات MIM 2016 SP1 السابقة 4.4.1302.0 من خلال الإصدار 4.5.412.0.

التحديثات في MIM 2016 Service Pack 2

إضافات عميل MIM

  • تمت إضافة دعم للوظيفة الإضافية MIM Outlook ليتم تحميلها في إصدار Outlook for Microsoft 365 Click-To-Run.

الخدمة والبوابة

  • تمت إضافة دعم لخدمة MIM والبوابة ليتم تثبيتها على Windows Server 2019 واستخدام SQL Server 2017 و Exchange Server 2019 و SharePoint 2019 و System Center Service Manager Data Warehouse 2019
  • تثبيت خدمة MIM والبوابة الممكّنة في بيئات TLS 1.2 فقط.
  • تم تمكين التثبيت لخدمة MIM ، وإعادة تعيين كلمة المرور ومواقع تسجيل كلمة المرور ، وخدمة مراقبة PAM ، وخدمة مكون PAM لاستخدام حسابات الخدمة المدارة للمجموعة.
  • تمت إضافة معلمة أداة التثبيت "keepSQLjobs".
  • لم تعد المهام المؤقتة لعامل خادم MIM SQL Server تبدأ في النسخ المتماثلة الثانوية لمجموعة توافر SQL دائمًا.
  • تم تمكين السمات الظاهرية "ExplicitMember.Add" و "ExplicitMember.Remove" لأنواع الكائنات المخصصة في نماذج RCDC للعمل مع تغييرات دلتا.

خدمة التزامن

  • تمت إضافة دعم لخدمة مزامنة MIM ليتم تثبيتها على Windows Server 2019 ، واستخدام SQL Server 2017 و Exchange Server 2019
  • تثبيت خدمة مزامنة MIM الممكّنة في بيئات TLS 1.2 فقط.
  • تثبيت ممكّن لخدمة مزامنة MIM لاستخدام حساب خدمة مدار المجموعة.
  • تمت إضافة خيار "استخدام حساب MIMSync" لعامل إدارة خدمة MIM.

إدارة الوصول إلى الامتياز


السفينة البخارية نيويورك ، نهر هدسون داي لاين 1908 الغطاء البحري روكى ماونت ، نورث كارولاينا

السفينة البخارية نيويورك ، نهر هدسون داي لاين 1908 الغلاف البحري ROCKY MOUNT ، نورث كارولاينا تم إرسالها في 30 كانون الثاني (يناير) 1908. وقد صدمت بختم "فرانكلين". تم إرسالها من رايت آشلاند ، فيرجينيا. هذه البطاقة البريدية بحالة جيدة ولكنها ليست مثالية. من فضلك انظر الى ال. اقرأ أكثر

خواص المادة
وصف السلعة

السفينة البخارية نيويورك ، نهر هدسون داي لاين 1908 الغطاء البحري روكى ماونت ، نورث كارولاينا

تم إرسالها في 30 يناير 1908. وقد صُنفت بختم "فرانكلين". تم إرسالها من رايت آشلاند ، فيرجينيا.

هذه البطاقة البريدية بحالة جيدة ولكنها ليست مثالية. يرجى إلقاء نظرة على الفحص واتخاذ حكمك الخاص.

عضو USCS # 10385 (حصلت أيضًا على شارة استحقاق جمع الطوابع كصبي!). الرجاء الاتصال بي إذا كان لديك احتياجات تغطية محددة. لدي الآلاف للبيع ، بما في ذلك القوات البحرية (USS ، USNS ، USCGC ، خفر السواحل ، السفن ، البحرية) ، المواقع العسكرية ، الحدث ، APO ، الفندق ، التاريخ البريدي ، التذكارات ، إلخ. كما أنني أقدم خدمة الموافقات مع الشحن المجاني لتكرار الولايات المتحدة الأمريكية عملاء.

نُشرت المقالات في أخبار مقاطعة جرين من ديسمبر 1963 إلى أبريل 1966 وكتبها ف. فان لون رايدر.

كتبتها سيلفيا Hasenkopf
14 يناير 1965

قوارب فولتون
صور فولتون وباراغون من "حوليات الإبحار على نهر هدسون" ، بقلم تشارلز هالنبيك ، الموجودة في مكتبة ولاية نيويورك ، ألباني

إعلان في صحيفة من مسجل catskill ، مارس 1815 ، مكتبة أبحاث فيدر

لمواصلة قوارب فولتون. بعد ريتشموند ، كان هناك العديد من العبارات ، والتي سأغطيها في مقال منفصل ، ثم - إمبراطورة روسيا! نجح مع زوارقه البخارية في هذا البلد ، في عام 1811 بدأ مفاوضات لتأمين حق حصري في روسيا ، شريطة أن يدير سفينة في غضون ثلاث سنوات بين سانت. بطرسبورغ (لينينغراد) وكرونشتادت ، عبر ذراع محمية لخليج فنلندا. لهذا الغرض ، بدأ في بناء إمبراطورة روسيا ، لكنه مات قبل اكتمال القارب وسقط المخطط وفقًا لسيمور بولوك (مجلة التاريخ الأمريكي ، المجلد 1 ، 1907 ، العدد 8 ، الصفحة 34) ، "على الرغم من عدم حدوث ذلك. اكتملت هذه السفينة حتى بعد وفاة فولتون ، وأصبحت فيما بعد كونيتيكت ، والتي كانت تعمل على طرق صوت طويلة للجزيرة حتى تم تفكيكها في عام 1836. "

تم بناء غصن الزيتون (يجب عدم الخلط بينه وبين العبارة التي تحمل هذا الاسم) في نفس العام ، 1816 ، الذي تم فيه الانتهاء من كونيكتيكت. قضت هذه السفينة ، التي يبلغ طولها 124 قدمًا ، معظم حياتها المهنية في نيويورك - طريق برونزويك الجديد وتم التخلي عنها في عام 1827.

اكتملت واشنطن في عام 1813 ، وتم بناؤها لخدمة نهر بوتوماك ، وكان طولها 165 قدمًا وتم تفكيكها في عام 1828.

عندما أصبحت أهوال حرب 1812 حقيقة مروعة تعاقد فولتون على بناء أول سفينة حربية بخارية في العالم بتكلفة تقدر بـ 320 ألف دولار. كان ديميلوجوس ، المعروف أيضًا باسم فولتون الأول ، حصنًا عائمًا للدفاع عن المرفأ. كان الخوف من الحرب والدعاية كما هو الآن. أبلغت المحكمة المسائية في إدنبرة أن أبعادها يبلغ 800 قدم في الطول مع شعاع 200 قدم! علاوة على ذلك ، "لإزعاج عدو يحاول الصعود على متن الطائرة ، يمكنها تصريف 100 جالون من الماء المغلي في دقيقة واحدة ، ومن خلال آلية تلويح ثلاثمائة من قطع السكين بأقصى قدر من الانتظام على المدافع." في الواقع ، كانت قياساتها بطول 150 قدمًا ، و 56 قدمًا. و 20 قدم عمق. كانت الحمولة البالغة 2475 طناً هي الأكبر بمئات الأطنان من أي باخرة تم بناؤها حتى ذلك العام. يتكون التسلح من 44 بندقية ، أربعة منها كانت 100 رطل. تم تركيب عجلة التجديف الكبيرة المحمية في بئر مركزي وسط السفينة. قامت السفينة بثلاث رحلات تجريبية كانت ناجحة وانتهت الحرب ، ثم تم وضعها في ساحة البحرية في بروكلين. في ليلة الرابع من يونيو عام 1829 ، بعد خمسة عشر عامًا من وضع عارضة لها ، تم تفجيرها عمدًا أو عمدًا ، مما أسفر عن مقتل 24 رجلاً وامرأة وإصابة كثيرين آخرين.

كان هناك فولتون آخر يحمل كرئيس صوري شبيهة بالبناء ، وقد بني فولتون في عام 1813. كان هذا القارب البخاري ، المزود بمعدات ، يبلغ طوله 134 قدمًا وكان حمولته 327 طنًا ، وكان الجزء الأكبر من حياتها المهنية في نيويورك - جديد يعمل ملاذ وبروفيدنس. استمرت لفترة أطول من معظم أسلافها ، تم تفكيكها أخيرًا في عام 1838.

في عام 1811 ، حول فولتون انتباهه إلى الغرب وأنشأ حوضًا صغيرًا لبناء السفن في بيتسبرغ. كان نيو أورلينز أول أواني له تبعه إيتنا وفيسوفيوس والجاموس. تم وضع نيو أورلينز على نهر ناتشيز - ركض نيو أورلينز وكان أول باخرة على المياه الغربية. ثبت كل صانعي المال. في عام 1814 ، اصطدمت أورلينز الجديدة بعقبة تحت natchez ، ممتلئة ، غارقة ، لتصبح خسارة كاملة.

حصريًا للقوارب المعدية ، التي بناها فولتون أو شيدتها ، ما لا يقل عن ستة عشر قاربًا بخاريًا - تلك التي تم بناؤها خصيصًا لخدمة نهر هدسون هي كليرمونت ، 1807 سيارة نبتون ، 1809 باراغون ، 1811 فاير فلاي ، 1812 وريتشموند ، 1812. المستشار ليفنجستون ، على الرغم من أنها بنيت لخدمة صوت الجزيرة الطويلة ، فقد أمضت عمليًا حياتها المهنية بالكامل في هدسون.

نسخة طبق الأصل من كليرمونت ، أعيدت تسميتها لاحقًا بالنهر الشمالي

21 يناير 1965

عبّارة فولتون
تمت تغطية القوارب البخارية fulton في هذه السلسلة ونأتي الآن إلى معدياته.

في 2 يوليو 1812 ، تم تشغيل أول مركب معدية فولتون ، جيرسي ، بين خطاف بولوس (جيرسي سيتي) ونيويورك. كانت السفينة من نوع القارب ، ولها هيكلان بينهما عجلة مجداف. وصفت مواصفات براءة اختراع فولتون في الولايات المتحدة لعام 1809 هذه السفينة على النحو التالي: ". مركب عبارة مؤلف من قاربين كل منهما جزء من دائرة. مفصولة عن بعضها بعشرة أقدام ولها منصة مبنية فوقها ، والعجلات والآلات موجودة في المركز ، والعربات والركاب يدخلون أو يهبطون من كل طرف ، ويمرون إلى يمين أو يسار الماكينة. هناك دفتان في كل طرف ، يتم توحيد حراثة الاثنين في كلا الطرفين بواسطة قضيب ، بحيث يتصرفون بحركة واحدة. نظرًا لأن القارب ليس مصممًا للتشغيل ، فقد يتم تشغيل أي من الطرفين قبل كل شيء ، وفي هذه الحالة يتم تثبيت الدفة على النهاية التي تعمل مثل القوس ".

في رسالة د. قدم ديفيد هوساك وصفًا إضافيًا: "إنها مبنية من اثنين يتباهى كل منهما بعرض 10 أقدام ، وطول 80 قدمًا ، وعمق خمسة أقدام في الممر الذي تكون القوارب بعيدة عن بعضها البعض 10" ، محصورة بركبتين قويتين وأقواس قطرية ، مما يشكل سطح السفينة 30 'عرضًا وطول 80'. من خلال وضع العجلة المائية الدافعة بين القوارب ، يتم حمايتها من الإصابة من الجليد أو الصدمات عند الاقتراب منها عند دخولها الرصيف. تترك الماكينة بأكملها الموضوعة بين القاربين 10 أقدام على كل جانب على سطح كل قارب للعربات والخيول والماشية ، وما إلى ذلك ، والآخر به مقاعد مرتبة ومغطى بمظلة ، وهو مخصص للركاب ، وهناك أيضًا ممر وسلم إلى مقصورة أنيقة يبلغ طولها 50 قدمًا و على بعد خمسة أقدام من الأرض إلى العوارض ، ومفروشة بمقاعد وموقد في الشتاء. على الرغم من أن القاربين والمسافة بينهما خمسة شعاع 30 قدمًا ، إلا أنهما يقدمان أقواسًا حادة إلى الماء ، ولهما مقاومة فقط في ماء قارب واحد من 20 شعاع قدم ، والتي تنقص المقاومة تعطي سرعة في العبور ".

في عام 1813 كان القميص ناجحًا ، تبعته سفينة شقيقة ، يورك. كان لدى كل من جيرسي ad the york محركات نوع كرنك fulton bell النموذجية بقوة 20 حصانًا لكل منها مع أسطوانات قطرها 20 بوصة بأربعة سكتة دماغية. قاد كل منهم عجلة مجداف واحدة ، قطرها 12 قدمًا مع دلاء أو مجاذيف بطول أربعة أقدام وعرض قدمين. تم تزويد البخار بغلاية طولها 20 قدمًا وارتفاعها تسعة أقدام وتسعة أقدام أمامية.

على الرغم من أنه كان من المفترض أن تعمل هذه العبارات كل نصف ساعة من شروق الشمس إلى غروبها ، إلا أنه غالبًا ما كانت تستغرق ساعة في القيام بالرحلة. يقال أنه عندما مروا بالقرب من بعضهم البعض في النهر ، يمكن للركاب على متن القاربين إجراء محادثة مطولة قبل أن يتجاوزوا مسافة التحدث.

كانت هذه العبارات بمثابة تحسن كبير مقارنة بالحصان القديم أو قوارب المعديات الجماعية ، من حيث "السرعة" والراحة. قام أحدهم بالرحلة عبر النهر محملة بثماني عربات بأربع عجلات ، و 29 حصانًا و 100 راكب ، وهو ما كان يعتبر إنجازًا كبيرًا في ذلك الوقت.

بعد ذلك بوقت قصير ، أسس فولتون وويليام كاتنج ، صهره ، جمعية العبّارات البخارية في نيويورك وبروكلين ، وكان أول قارب لهم هو ناسو ، الذي تم بناؤه عام 1813. مساعد موثوق من فولتون ، المهندس الرئيسي للشركة ، باسم لويس رودا ، سُحقت حتى الموت في آلة ناسو على معبر بروكلين في العاشر من مايو 1814 ، عندما قامت تلك العبارة برحلتها الأولى. كانت هذه الرحلة ، عبر النهر الشرقي ، في المتوسط ​​10 دقائق وتم إجراء ما يصل إلى 30 رحلة يوميًا. غالبًا ما كانت السفينة تعمل أيضًا بعد ساعات العمل من قبل حفلات المتعة في الرحلات الاستكشافية فوق النهر. حوالي عام 1840 ، أنهت ناسو حياتها المهنية. تم الحصول على البدن من قبل جمعية أصدقاء البحار ، من أجل بيثيل عائم عند سفح شارع بايك في نيويورك.

في عام 1827 (بعد وفاة فولتون) تم بناء عبارة جديدة ووضعت على المعبر مع ناسو. كان هذا قطع ويليام ، مشابه في البناء لناساو ، والذي استمر حتى عام 1840 عندما تم تفكيكه.

كانت Steamboats واحدة فقط من اهتمامات فولتون. تحسينات القناة وحرب الطوربيد والغواصات كانت أخرى. كان اهتمامه السابق هو الرسم الزيتي المصغر وأثناء وجوده في لندن درس على يد بنيامين ويست. كان أحد اختراعاته الصغيرة عبارة عن علاقة عائم لجسر عائم يرتفع وينخفض ​​مع المد والجزر ويجعل من الممكن للعربات والعربات القيادة داخل وخارج المراكب التي صممها. منحدر انزلاق العبّارة ، والذي هو في الواقع ما كان عليه ، لم يتغير كثيرًا على مر السنين.

كان هناك "مخترع" آخر عظيم للقارب البخاري سبق فولتون وكليرمونت بـ17 عامًا. كان هذا جون فيتش الذي سيكون موضوع مقال الأسابيع القادمة.

28 يناير 1965

جون فيتش وصاحب باخرة
الجزء الأول

يتفق المؤرخ على أن باخرة تم تشغيلها بنجاح على نهر ديلاوير قبل 16 عامًا من قيام روبرت فولتون بتسخين نهر هدسون بالبخار.

كان هذا القارب البخاري هو ثورنتون ، الذي بناه جون فيتش. بعد العديد من المحاولات الجديرة بالملاحظة ولكن في معظمها غير المثمرة ، بما في ذلك بناء السفينة وإطلاقها في عام 1787 حيث تعامل المحرك مع مجموعات من المجاذيف ، كان زورقه البخاري عام 1790 ناجحًا.

سمي ثورنتون تكريما لصديق فيتش وداعمه الرئيسي ، د. ويليام ثورنتون ، تم بناء السفينة في فيلادلفيا. ولكن على عكس سابقاتها ، تم دفع الشوكة بواسطة ثلاثة مجاذيف كبيرة على شكل الأشياء بأسمائها الحقيقية في المؤخرة. تم تثبيت الثلث الأمامي من القارب على مقصورة صغيرة ودعمها ، والتي كانت على الفور في الخلف منها المرجل والمكدس الطويل. من هنا إلى المؤخرة المستعرضة كان هناك بئر مفتوح يحتوي على المحرك والآلات المساعدة. كان لهذا المحرك أسطوانة قطرها 18 بوصة ، وكان صبها في ذلك الوقت بمثابة معجزة صغيرة في حد ذاته.

كان القارب 1787 يبلغ طوله 60 قدمًا وعرضه تسعة أقدام وغاطس من أربعة أقدام. لا توجد أبعاد متاحة لسفينة 1790 ، ولكن وفقًا للرسومات المعاصرة ، كانت أطول قليلاً مع شعاع كبير. تم تحقيق السرعة "الهائلة" من ستة إلى سبعة أميال في الساعة باستمرار مع ثمانية أميال في الساعة في ظل ظروف مثالية.

بعد رحلة ثورنتون التجريبية في 16 أبريل 1790 ، كتبت فيتش:

"على الرغم من أن الرياح هبت بقوة في الشمال الشرقي ، فقد سادنا اللورد الأدميرالات الكبار في ولاية ديلاوير ولم يكن بإمكان أي قارب على النهر أن يحملنا ، ولكن جميعهم سقطوا في الخلف ، على الرغم من أن العديد من القوارب الشراعية كانت خفيفة للغاية وذات أشرعة ثقيلة مما أدى إلى سقوط حواجزها. إلى الماء ، خرجوا ليحاكمونا ".

كانت أكبر مشكلة هيرتوفور فيتش هي تمويل تجاربه ، ولكن بعد ذلك ، اتحدت مجموعات مالكي الأسهم الحديثة بالاتفاق المتبادل في شركة واحدة. تم اتخاذ الخطوات على الفور لوضع القارب البخاري في التشغيل التجاري ، وبدءًا من 14 يونيو 1790 ، تم عرض الإعلانات في الجريدة الفيدرالية وحزمة فيلادلفيا على النحو التالي:

"القارب البخاري جاهز الآن لنقل الركاب ويهدف إلى الانطلاق من عبّارة شارع القوس في فيلادلفيا كل يوم إثنين وأربعاء وجمعة من أجل برلنغتون وبريستول وبوردنتاون وترينتون للعودة الثلاثاء والخميس والسبت. السعر للركاب 2-6 إلى برلنغتون وبريستول ، ومن 3-9 إلى بوردنتاون و 5 ثوانٍ إلى ترينتون. "

لأول مرة في التاريخ ، كانت القارب البخاري يقوم برحلات منتظمة تحمل الركاب وفقًا لجدول زمني منشور وخلال موسم تشغيله القصير الذي غطى ما بين 2000 و 3000 ميل ، وهو أداء مثير للإعجاب لا ريب فيه عندما أدرك أن هذا كان قبل 16 عامًا من كليرمون.

في 16 يونيو 1790 ، خلال إحدى رحلات ثورنتون العادية ، قام الحاكم ميفلين والمجلس التنفيذي الأعلى لبنسلفانيا بالمرور دون سابق إنذار وكانوا سعداء للغاية بكفاءة السفينة حيث تم تقديم مجموعة ملونة من الأعلام ، تكلف أكثر من 5 جنيهات. لشركة باخرة.

كان هناك عدد لا يحصى من الأسباب التي جعلت ثورنتون يعمل في موسم واحد فقط. ربما كان العامل الرئيسي هو الجبن والمحافظة المتأصلة لدى الأشخاص الذين يفضلون الأساليب التقليدية للسفر والذين يفتقرون إلى الثقة في ابتكار جديد مثل القارب البخاري. ثم أيضًا ، بدأ المنجمون عداوة شديدة ضد كل من فيتش وزورقه البخاري ، حيث نظروا بمنطق كبير إلى الزورق البخاري باعتباره تهديدًا واضحًا لوجودهم الاقتصادي ، وهي نفس المشكلة التي واجهها فولتون لاحقًا مع كليرمونت. والسبب الآخر هو أن حافلات المسرح كانت تقضي وقتًا أفضل بشكل عام من القارب البخاري ، على الرغم من أن الركاب وصلوا في كثير من الأحيان "في حالة من الصدمة".

قبل إجراء تقييم كامل لهذه الحقائق المحبطة ، كانت الشركة قد توقعت بالفعل بناء قارب جديد وأكبر بدأت شركة Fitch في البناء عليه. على الرغم من أن هذه السفينة لم تكتمل أبدًا ، فقد تم إطلاقها وتعميدها بالمثابرة. بينما كان يتم الانتهاء من المقصورة ويتم تركيب الآلات ، مزق الشمال العنيف القارب من رصيفه في ولاية ديلاوير وقادته عبر النهر واقفًا على جزيرة بيتي ، مقابل فيلادلفيا. Before being refloated, alterations to the air pump and other parts of the machinery were made at the insistence of certain stockholders against fitch's better judgement. Irreparable damage resulted and the company soon found itself deeply in debt. Unable to further finance the venture, the entire project was abandoned. (continued next week)

February 4, 1965

the Fitch Steamboats
(Continued From Last Week)
The indominable fitch refused to give up and spent several years in a vain attempt to interest the government in steam navigation on the mississippi. Finally in 1793 he took passage to france but that country still in the throes of social and political upheaval, was more interested in the bores of cannon than in engine cylinders. He met with equally discouraging results in england and the following year returned to america.

Thoroughly disheartened he left new york in 1794 for kentucky where early in his career as a surveyer he had invested in land warrants. Arriving there he discovered that much of his thirteen hundred acres had been preempted by squatters and now, further discouraged, he went to the home of his friend, alexander mccowan, at bardstown, kentucky. Yet even toward the end of his career and in failing health, fitch continued to carry on the steamboat experiments and at bardstown built a three foot model with side paddlewheels and a brass cylindered engine, which he operated on beech fork, a branch of the salt river.

A number f books state that fitch built and experimented with a small steamboat on collet pond, new york city, in 1796. The vessel had both side wheels and a screw at the stern, this claim is based upon a broad side, with wood cuts, published in 1846 -- nearly fifty years after fitch's death -- and by john hutchins entitled "honor to whom honor is due". The author states that as a boy he rode with fitch in this boat and that fulton and livingston were aboard. The fact that fulton was in england at this time studying painting under the great benjamin west, rather discredits this story and modern scholars are inclined to believe hutchin's memory erred and that the vessel described was one built by samuel morey. It is known that morey and was in new york in 1796 and in a letter to his friend william duer, relative to his latest experiment says, ". Having made sundry improvements in the engine i went again to new york and applied the power to a wheel in the stern by which the boat was impelled by a speed of about five miles an hour." the affadavit of two other individuals quoted by hutchins speak of seeing the boat, but do not mention fitch's name. Not a shred of evidence other than this broadside, exists to substantiate hutchin's statement.

Following the termination of fitch's delaware river venture there is a vast hiatus of steamboat chronology. More than 16 years passed during which period no steamboats operated despite numerous attempts, all were abortive and failed universally. Then, in 1807, robert fulton triumphed in the hudson with his steamboat commonly called the clermont, this was quickly followed by colonel john and robert steven's phoenix and the stable advancement of the steamboat from this time onward was assured.

John fitch was born on his father's farm in windsor township, hartford, connecticut, and led an eventful life, although frequently tormented by misfortune. In turn, he became a surveyor, silversmith, watchmaker, and in the revolution a gunsmith at valley forge. In 1782, while a trader on the ohio river, he was captured by the indians, delivered to the british in detroit and later released in exchange of prisoners.

It was not until 1785 that he became obsessed with the idea of propelling a boat by steam and devoted the rest of his life toward this achievement. After a long illness his death occurred at bardstown on july 1st, 1798. In his autobiography he states this touching and prophetic thought: " the time will come when all our great lakes, rivers and oceans will be navigated by vessels propelled by steam when some more powerful man will get fame and riches from my invention but nobody will believe that poor john fitch can do anything worthy of attention."

In the state capitol at hartford, a tablet dedicated to fitch reads: "this tablet erected by the state of connecticut commemorates the genius, patience and perseverance of john fitch a native of the town of windsor and first to apply steam successfully to the propulsion of vessels through water."

There is little doubt that if john fitch's steamboat of 1790 had continued in operation, the name fitch rather than fulton would have gone down in history books as the "inventor" or the steamboat.

February 11, 1965

Chauncey Vibbard: 1864-1900

Pictures from the new york state library in albany, william elmendorf collection

The third steamboat to join the fleet on the hudson river day line, the chauncey vibbard, began her career june 18, 1864, on the new york to albany run.

The appearance of this new steamboat on the river excited much favorable comment. Her graceful proportions and beauty of structure made a pleasing picture against the backdrop of the hudson highlands as she cruised the river. The vessel was at its graceful best when steaming at full speed. Having a very narrow beam for her length, the chauncey vibbard cut the water as a knife blade with scarcely a ripple breaking from her stem to her paddle wheels. Hull and engine were balanced to perfection to eliminate vibration and the vessel seemed to move through the water with dignified ease.

Captain van santvoord was understandably proud of his new steamboat and spared nothing to make her the finest on the river. Her speed was not illusory either, as in the case of some boats in her era, for she was about as fast as any steamboat that ever plied the hudson. This was amply proved on april 18th, 1876, when she ran from new york to albany without making any landings in six hours and 20 minutes, easily the best time on record at that period for a through passage.

Captain dave hitchcock, the vibbard's commander at this time, had steadily maintained that she could beat the record and would do it, too, if he ever got a chance to let her but which he could not do so long as she was on a scheduled run. His opportunity finally came when the vibbard's owners decided to send her to albany to be painted before the opening of the regular season.

She left new york at 5:20am having on board a party of excursionists, who had been promised the fastest trip they had ever taken on a steamboat. The promise was fully kept for the vibbard glided up to her pier at albany at 11:40am. It was favored with a flood tide as far as rhinebeck, but that this was more than offset by a heavy freshet in the upper hudson, the effect of which was felt from catskill to albany.

The record established by the vibbard caused much discussions among the steamboat fraternity, and the old question as to whether a day boat had the advantage over a night boat, or vice versa in making the run from new york to albany gave rise to much argument.

Changes Made
Two seasons after her launching the chauncey vibbard was lengthened 16 feet and changes made to her engine. Those familiar with the vessel conceded that alterations to have an unfavorable effect on her speed. She also had the reputation of being one of the hardest of any of the fast day boats to drive before the wind. The only satisfactory explanation given for this was the width of the square front of her joiner work. She had long, high hog-framing as did all the large boats.

In 1880, the vessel's boilers were removed from the guards and three new ones installed in the hold with three stacks placed athwartships, considerably changing the appearance of the steamboat. It also had the effect of causing the vessel to lose the fine balance it had formerly possessed.

For some time the chauncey vibbard ran with the daniel drew and later the albany before being withdrawn from service and used as a spare boat. In 1896 she was sold and taken to the delaware river for service between philadelphia and lincoln park on excursion runs.

Following the spanish american war in 1899, a "peace jubilee" with a naval parade was staged on the hudson with the vibbard participating. Crowded with celebrated passengers, the old steamboat began leaking badly and was beached on a sandbar. Prior to this incident no disaster or accident had marred the log book of the vibbard during her many years of service.

The vessel was later floated and towed to cramers hill, where, in 1900, she was partially dismantled. The skeleton of her hull remained there for many years, the last visible vestige of this fine old boat.

Statistics: - lawrence & foulks, builders, brooklyn, ny. Wood hull, 794 tons, length 265 feet beam 35 feet depth nine feet five inches. Fletcher & harrison vertical beam engine, no. 37, having 55 inch cylinder with 12 foot stroke. Two boilers on the guards. Paddlewheels 30 feet in diameter with nine foot five inch face. In 1866 the vessel was cut in two and 16 feet added amidship, increasing her length to 261 feet. And her tonnage to 1158. The cylinder diameter was increased to 62 inches. In 1880, the two boilers were replaced with three placed in the hold with three stacks placed athwartships.

February 18, 1965

the Kaaterskill and Adirondack
Postcard of the adirondack courtesy of melissa finch

Postcard of the kaaterskill courtesy of barbara bartley

Picture of the adirondack and the ship's pass from the new york state library, william elmendorf collection

Of these two old time night boats the kaaterskill is of the most interest as it was built in athens and was the largest steamboat built north of newburgh.

Built for the catskill new york evening line by van loon magee in athens, the kaaterskill made her maiden trip down the hudson in august 1882. She was christened upon launching by miss grace donahue, daughter of captain william donahue and her first commander was captain charles ru ton. Her sister ship was the city of catskill, built two years earlier.

The kaaterskill was the pride of the line and the flagship of the fleet. She was luxuriously furnished, was fast and could accommodate three hundred passengers, having 150 staterooms and 73 cabins plus a very large freight capacity.

A few weeks after her launching she had the only accident of note during her career of 32 years. While southbound near stony point the vessel was disabled by a broken strap on her walking beam. The added strain caused the connecting rod to break loose and drop on the main steam pipe, bursting it. As a result one man died and several others were seriously injured by the escaping steam.

The kaaterskill was later chartered by the hudson navigation company, and under command of captain benjamin hoff (of athens) and ran on the new york - albany route until december 12th, 1913. On this route her consorts were the onteora and the city of hudson. The following year the old steamboat was deemed unfit for further service and her superstructure dismantled and machinery removed at newburgh. On september 12th, 1914 the hull was towed to new london and converted in to a barge.

Statistics: van loon magee, builders, athens, ny. Wood hull. 1361 tons. Length 281 feet beam 38 feet depth 10 feet. Fletcher harrison vertical beam engine having 63 inch cylinder with 12 foot stroke. This engine, fletcher no. 100, was called the "centennial". Two lobster - back return tube boilers. Paddlewheels 31 feet in diameter with 10 foot face.

The adirondack built for the people's line, came out in 1896 and under command of captain s.J. Roe was placed on the new york - albany run. This magnificent steamboat succeeded the drew and was considerably more elaborate in her interior appointments than any night boat previously built. She also had greater power and speed than any vessel built for the line up to that time. She boasted five decks (main, saloon, promenade, done and hurricane) and a dining room seating 300 people also 350 staterooms, including twenty-four parlors and four suites of parlors. In addition to the staterooms the adirondack had 286 berths in the cabins and 120 berths for crew members. An electric generator supplied power for 2,000 lights and for a searchlight with a range of two miles, being the first night boat to have a powerful searchlight.

She was also the first hudson river steamboat to exceed one million dollars in cost.

There were few if any that could equal her speed. In may 1899, she made the new york to albany run in less than six and one half hours running time, carrying 400 passengers and 350 tons of freight.

The only serious accident in the career of the adirondack occurred on october 18th, 1906. On the evening of that date she was run down near tivoli by the steamboat saratoga. The saratoga sank and was later raised and rebuilt. The damage to the adirondack consisted of her foredeck being carried away, although she finished the season without a layup. Each vessel lost one man in the accident.

During world war 1 the adirondack was drafted and used as a barracks at the brooklyn nay yard. Shortly after the was she was laid up at the old brick row mooring in athens and on december 29th, 1925, ice opened her seams and she sank in shallow water. She was then sold for scrap for the reported sun of $14,00 (as written), was raised and then dismantled. So ended the career of the last and the largest wooden hull steamboat ever built for hudson river service. Statistics: john englis & son, builders, brooklyn. Wood hull. 3,644 tons. Length 440 feet, beam 50 feet - over guards 90 feet depth of hell (as written) 12 feet. W.A. Fletcher no. 158 vertical beam engine having 81 inch cylinder with 12 foot stroke.

February 25, 1965

the M. Martin and the Tremper
Yes, the two old work horses and there are many of us oldsters who still remember them. Though in the early part of their careers they were considered small, luxurious, night boats, later they primarily carried freight: produce brought down to the landings by farmers and their steady income from the breweries in albany and troy. How well many of us remember them with their entire forward decks stacked high with beer kegs!

The m. Martin stands alone in her historical background. Named after a prosperous hudson merchant and banker, she was one of the most beautifully proportioned of the medium sized steamboats that made hudson river history. Shortly after being launched she was drafted by civil war service. Due to her smart appearance and elegant furnishings as well as staunchness and speed, she was chosen as general grant’s dispatch boat on chesapeake bay troops and dispatch passengers and messages. During this period she was known as the “greyhound” of the federal government’s fleet on inland steamboats. After the confederate capitol fell to union forces, president lincoln and general grant visited richmond and held conferences aboard the m. Martin.

Upon her honorable discharge from service the martin returned “down east”. In 1867 she ran as an opposition boat on the bangor-portland (maine) route.

The m. Martin was then acquired by the romer & tremper steamboat company of rondout, new york, who placed her on the newburgh-albany run, having eagle as consort. In april 2, 1884, while near milton landing, fire was discovered on the eagle. Captain rogers, with the help of the john l. Hasbrouk, succeeded in landing the vessel at milton cock, where passengers and crew were discharged without loss of life. However, the eagle burnt to the water’s edge and became a total loss. In 1885 the new jacob h. Tremper was added to the line and became the martin’s consort. A peculiarity of the martin and the eagle was to announce their approach to a landing with a bell, instead of the customary whistle.

Near Collision
On the morning of may 19th, 1878, in a light fog, while near new hamburg, the martin narrowly missed a collision with the mary powell. When the martin’s whistle was heard on the powell, the latter’s pilot rang to stop the engine. Both pilots rang to go astern, but both had headway when the martin’s bow struck the powell’s paddlebox and an eight foot gash was made in her guard, but her hull was undamaged.

Then again, may 5, 181 (as written), in mid-morning, martin figured in another incident with the powell, then lying in rondout creek. The ferryboat transport was bound out the creek while the martin was entering to make her landing. The transport’s pilot put his wheel over hard to change course but the vessel steered over to port and he was unable to check her. He then ran full speed astern but was unable to prevent her (the transport) from running into the powell.

The powell which was docked lurched over and her guard coming up snapped five piles off along the dock. More serious damage included about 50 feet of her joiner work stove in. Captain a.E. Anderson, standing on the dock, was an amazed spectator.

The central hudson steamboat company of newburgh purchased the martin in 1889. Although then 36 years old, she was in excellent condition. Because of her success in combating ice, martin was often the first vessel to make the trip in the spring and the last to leave the hudson when winter set in.

Serious Accident
Throughout her long and varied career of nearly 60 years she had only one serious accident. Laden with freight and carrying 20 passengers the mishap occurred near esopus island as the martin was southbound from albany on the morning of june 16, 1919. Captain george hadley noticed smoke curling from the pilothouse and immediately headed the vessel for the shore east of the island near staatsburg. The passengers were quickly removed in small boats to safety. Then captain hadley got the firehose playing on the flames and within 10 minutes the incident was over with only a blackened pilot house as a reminder. The martin then picked up her passengers and proceeded to newburgh, little the worse for the experience.

The m. Martin continued on the newburgh albany route until laid up in the fall of 1919.

Her last commander was captain h. Fairbacks her last chief engineer fred requa. The following summer in 1920, she was dismantled after 56 years of service. The hull was bought by pat doherty for use as a dock at eavesport, near malden. The career of the steamboat that had once carried the president of the united states, abraham lincoln, to ties: m.S. Allison, builder, jersey city. Wood hull, 570 tons, length 191’, beam 28’ depth 8’. Fletcher & harrison vertical beam engine no. 35 having 44” cylinder with nine foot stroke. One iron boiler on the deck.

Jacob Tremper
Jacob h. Tremper. In the spring 1858 the jacob h. Tremper made her maiden trip up the hudson. This wooden vessel was built for the romer & tremper steamboat company and designed for both freight and passenger service to operate as a day boat between newburgh and albany. She was built to replace the eagle which had burned at milton dock the previous year, 1848. The tremper’s consort for many years was the m. Martin, which she resembled in many ways.

The new boat was admirably fitted for the run having apas (as written) and a large freight capacity. Because of these qualifications her value was quickly recognized.

In the winter of 1898 romer & tremper fleet of steamboats was purchased by the central hudson steamboat company of newburgh. This transaction included the jacob h. Tremper, m. Martin, william f. Romer and the james b. Baldwin.

The following description of the tremper appeared in the newburgh daily journal may 9, 1885, on the occasion of the vessel’s maiden trip up the river.

“this boat is very admirably fitted up. The ladies room aft is furnished with cherry furniture upholstered in blue velvet. The floor is covered with a wiltshire carpet and the lambrequins above the windows are blue and gold. The toilet rooms connected with the ladies saloon are fitted with the latest improvements. The main saloon extending along the upper deck is very handsome. The wood work is very ornamental with cherry and ash, the paneling in blue and gold. An elegant brussels carpet covers the floor and upholstered arm chairs are arranged along either side. The main or grand stairway from the main deck to the saloon is of cherry, ash and mahogany, highly polished. A large french mirror meets the eye at the head of the forward stairway leading to the saloon. The captain’s office is located on the port side of the boat, and is very handsomely furnished. The pilot and engineer have quarters on the hurricane deck aft of the pilot house. The pilot house is first class, and is fitted up with all modern improvements. The dining cabin below the main deck is well lighted and roomy and is aft. It is paneled in hardwood, the same as other portions of the boat. Adjoining it on the starboard side is the kitchen which is supplied with a french range, and further forward, connected with the kitchen is a dining room for the crew. There is more open space on the decks of the new boat than there is on the martin, her companion boat, or the old eagle, whose place she takes on the line.

March 4, 1965

Chrystenah: 1866 - 1920

Picture of the chrystenah from the new york state library, william elmendorf collection

Although only a medium size sidewheeler, the chrystenah was a creation of beauty and one of the fastest single stack vessels ever to steam the hudson. Built for the new york-nyack route, her run was soon extended to peekskill when it was realized she had speed in abundance. She made one round trip a day from that city to new york. She was the last steamboat owned by the smith brothers of nyack who, for over 40 years, controlled the water transportation out of nyack.

Sold in 1907 to captain david c. Woolsey and captain nelson, she continued on the same route until later, when taken to newburgh, and used as a charter excursion boat during the summer months on the upper hudson. The hudson river day line also occasionally chartered her for use in carrying baggage for the day line vessels. In 1911 the chrystenah was in operation between that city and coney island, moving the following year to the new york - keanesburgh, n.J. Run where she ran opposition to the regular boats on this route. She continued on this run until 1917 when transferred to the new york - stamford (conn.) route. Still later she was in use as an excursion steamer, this time around new york harbor and long island sound.

Almost a twin in appearance to the jacob h. Tremper, chrystenah's excursions went as far as catskill, where she always aroused curiosity as to where she came from and where she was bound. Though she belonged down in peekskill she quite often made excursions to catskill during the summer months always with a jolly party aboard.

The chrystenah was sold in 1920 for cross sound service to oyster bay and in the fall of the same year, laid up at new rochelle. That winter she was wrecked by a severe storm and blown into the mouth of echo creek. She was so wedged between its rocky banks that the insurance company paid her owners for a total loss.

The city of rochelle then came into title and sold her at public auction for the price of one dollar. Frederick wenke, the new owner, floated her out on a high tide and towed her to oyster bay. Originally he planned to convert the hull into a ferryboat but instead dismantled her and ran the hull aground on the beach on long island sound. This ended the career of the once beautiful chrystenah.

Statistics: william dickey, builder, nyack. Wood hull: 571 tons. Length: 196'6" beam 30'2" depth 0'3". Chrystenah's vertical beam engine came from the broadway when that vessel was dismantled in 1865. Originally having a 46" cylinder with 10' stroke, this engine was completely rebuilt by mccurdy and warren in jersey city and given a 50" cylinder with 11' stroke. The original engine was built by the west point foundry company in 1837 for the arrow, later renamed broadway.

Postcards of the dewitt clinton courtesy of robert cummings and melissa finch.

C) de witt clinton 1921 – 1942

D) col. Frederick johnson 1942 – 1948

The dewitt clinton, as noted above, was a ship of many names and changed ownership many times. This screw steamer was built in 1913 as part of a plan to establish a competition route between new york city and providence, rhode island. The grand turk (as wriiten) railroad and the central vermont railroad proposed to build a railroad fromprovidence up to canada and had two night boats constructed to connect new york and providence . The two vessels were the manhattan (later the dewitt clinton) and narrangansett designed for the emigrant trade and first class travel. Before the railroad could be completed, chairman hayes of the grand trunk railroad died and the venture was abandoned.

The manhattan and the narragansett, uncompleted and still without fittings, lay at anchor off washington, delaware, where they were built, and later were towed to new london and tied up.

The year 1917 marked the entry of the united states into the world war and the manhattan was purchased by the navy to be refitted, reinforced and renamed – this time the nopatin. The steamer was then sent to england under her own power and used to ferry troops across the channel from england to france. According to reports, she safely transported 150,000 troops across the channel before returning to the united states.

Following war duty she was purchased by the hudson river day line who rebuilt the vessel for its bear mountain route. Renamed the de witt clinton, she steamed the hudson from 1921 until laid up in 1932 when, due to the depression, one day excursions became unprofitable. During this period she was one of a fleet of seven vessels owned by the day line, three of which were propeller driven. Her commander during this period was captain roney magee.

The de witt clinton was again in service from june to september in 1939, making trips up the hudson before returning to an inactive status. In february 1942 she was again drafted by the government. The war shipping administration converted the vessel into a troop transport under the command of the army transportation core. Rechristened again, this time colonel frederick johnson, she was again plying the english channel following the invasion of allied troops into france. At the end of world war ii the war shipping administration returned the vessel to the maritime commission who laid her up in the james river.

It was assumed by all who knew her that the old steamer would never again sail but the vessel seemed to have an affinity for international crisis. She was purchased by samuel derecktor who operated a shipping firm in new york city. Again renamed, this time the derecktor, the steamer was refitted under the watchful eye of the coast guard, for it was suspected that her new owner might be planning to smuggle soldiers and arms to embattled israel and the coast guard was standing by to impound her should sufficient reason present itself.

But the derecktor, was then registered under the panamanian flag and her owners given as brownsam company of panama city. She flew the panamanian flag and was cleared for marseilles sailing “light” and without passengers, though fitted to carry 2,500 tons of cargo and 500 passengers. With a crew of 50 and under command of captain dominik romano her intended purpose was variously described as a de luxe passenger steamer between marseilles and north africa ports. However, few were surprised when the israeli maritime league in new york newspapers of january 17th, 1949, announced that the former hudson river steamer was carrying immigrants from marseilles to haifa for the israeli zim line.

Some time when under this ownership, supposedly in 1952, the vessel was rechristened still again (!), this time the galatin. And, as yet, i have been unable to find the final disposition of this old timer, which once flew the owner’s flag of the hudson river day line. And i am hoping the old timer is still going strong.


Для показа рекламных объявлений Etsy по интересам используются технические решения сторонних компаний.

Мы привлекаем к этому партнеров по маркетингу и рекламе (которые могут располагать собранной ими самими информацией). Отказ не означает прекращения демонстрации рекламы Etsy или изменений в алгоритмах персонализации Etsy, но может привести к тому, что реклама будет повторяться чаще и станет менее актуальной. Подробнее в нашей Политике в отношении файлов Cookie и схожих технологий.


ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • APA
  • Standard
  • Harvard
  • Vancouver
  • مؤلف
  • BIBTEX
  • RIS

History and molecular genetics of lynch syndrome in family G : A century later. / Douglas, Julie A. Gruber, Stephen B. Meister, Karen A. Bonner, Joseph Watson, Patrice Krush, Anne J. Lynch, Henry T.

Research output : Contribution to journal › Article › peer-review

T1 - History and molecular genetics of lynch syndrome in family G

N1 - Copyright: Copyright 2008 Elsevier B.V., All rights reserved.

N2 - Context: In 1895, Aldred Scott Warthin, MD, PhD, initiated one of the most thoroughly documented and longest cancer family histories ever recorded. The unusually high incidence and segregation of cancers of the colon, rectum, stomach, and endometrium in Dr Warthin's family G was later followed up by his colleagues, most recently by Henry Lynch, MD. Described today as a Lynch syndrome family, family G was last documented in 1971, prior to the modern era of molecular diagnostics. Objective: To update family G. Design, Setting, and Participants: Historical prospective cohort study of family G members from 1895 to 2000. Main Outcome Measures: The primary outcomes were the frequencies and types of cancers, ages at diagnosis, and presence of the T to G transversion at the splice acceptor site of exon 4 of the mutS homolog 2, colon cancer, nonpolyposis type 1 (E coli) (MSH2) gene in family G members. A secondary analysis compared cancerspecific incidence rates in family G with published national and regional cancer incidence rates through the standardized incidence ratio (SIR). Results: Family G now has 929 known descendants of the original progenitor first reported in 1913. Cancers of the colon and rectum (SIR, 3.20 95% confidence interval [CI], 2.39-4.19) and endometrium (SIR, 3.51 95% CI, 1.92-5.89) continue to predominate in family G. Five of 40 tested members of family G carry the MSH2 T to G mutation as a result, 15 of their living relatives are at increased risk of developing 1 or more colorectal or Lynch syndrome-associated cancers. In contrast, 97 living members of family G can now be excluded as mutation carriers. Conclusion: Within the last decade, molecular diagnostic testing has transformed the care of family G and other Lynch syndrome families in which a pathogenic mutation has been identified.

AB - Context: In 1895, Aldred Scott Warthin, MD, PhD, initiated one of the most thoroughly documented and longest cancer family histories ever recorded. The unusually high incidence and segregation of cancers of the colon, rectum, stomach, and endometrium in Dr Warthin's family G was later followed up by his colleagues, most recently by Henry Lynch, MD. Described today as a Lynch syndrome family, family G was last documented in 1971, prior to the modern era of molecular diagnostics. Objective: To update family G. Design, Setting, and Participants: Historical prospective cohort study of family G members from 1895 to 2000. Main Outcome Measures: The primary outcomes were the frequencies and types of cancers, ages at diagnosis, and presence of the T to G transversion at the splice acceptor site of exon 4 of the mutS homolog 2, colon cancer, nonpolyposis type 1 (E coli) (MSH2) gene in family G members. A secondary analysis compared cancerspecific incidence rates in family G with published national and regional cancer incidence rates through the standardized incidence ratio (SIR). Results: Family G now has 929 known descendants of the original progenitor first reported in 1913. Cancers of the colon and rectum (SIR, 3.20 95% confidence interval [CI], 2.39-4.19) and endometrium (SIR, 3.51 95% CI, 1.92-5.89) continue to predominate in family G. Five of 40 tested members of family G carry the MSH2 T to G mutation as a result, 15 of their living relatives are at increased risk of developing 1 or more colorectal or Lynch syndrome-associated cancers. In contrast, 97 living members of family G can now be excluded as mutation carriers. Conclusion: Within the last decade, molecular diagnostic testing has transformed the care of family G and other Lynch syndrome families in which a pathogenic mutation has been identified.


They All Should Be Like Mike : Dodgers: Scioscia has many fans, but none greater than patients and staff at a rehabilitative hospital in Pomona.

As Mike Scioscia struggles through the early part of what could be his final season as the Dodgers’ catcher, the image appears unchanged.

He’s quiet, expressionless, until he has to block a runner. It is in those infamous collisions that he seems most immovable--and alone.

But during his fight to remain on a team and in a town he has loved for 12 seasons, Scioscia has found help.

Helen Van Beek, a middle-aged teacher, is on his side. She would block home plate for him, if she could.

When she sees Scioscia, she thinks of her son, Jason, a 6-foot-6 boy with blond hair and blue eyes. Jason is attending the University of Texas Arlington on a basketball scholarship, and is a nationally ranked tennis player.

He is also paralyzed from the waist down.

“Thanks to people like Mike Scioscia, things are happening that I never dreamed possible,” she said. “I never pictured my boy snow skiing. I never pictured him water-skiing. You should see him play tennis!

“Mike Scioscia leave Los Angeles? Gosh, no! I hope not.”

Jim Miller, an Olympic basketball player and coach, is also on Scioscia’s side. He would catch Tom Candiotti’s knuckleball for Scioscia, if he could.

As director of the junior wheelchair sports program at Casa Colina Hospital for Rehabilitative Medicine in Pomona, Miller has seen Scioscia’s many contributions become real-life success stories.

“Every two or three years, when Mike’s contract is up, we start thinking about it,” Miller said. “I don’t know what we would do without him. To see kids grow up and become confident in their abilities, it is a tremendous thing. Mike is a tremendous person.”

Finally, Nikki Gramatikos is also on Scioscia’s side. As a media consultant at Casa Colina, she has seen the hard figures on what Scioscia has contributed since he began their relationship in 1984.

Nearly $1 million in revenue, money that has reached nearly 1,000 disabled people, supplying them with the sports equipment and facilities to help them continue and better their lives.

“We would miss Mike incredibly,” Gramatikos said. “By now, it’s like he has become a part of this hospital.”

His impact on the hospital has been as heavy as his impact on the Dodgers, for whom he has caught 1,350 games, more than anybody.

He has sponsored a fund-raising golf tournament for seven years. He collects donations from his teammates whenever he blocks the plate. And he has made countless visits to the hospital and satellite summer camps.

‘I don’t know if proud is the right word, because I really haven’t done anything, but I do have a great sense of fulfillment there,” Scioscia said. “Second to my marriage and my family, it is the most fulfilling thing I do.”

That is one of the reasons Scioscia is working so hard to return to the Dodgers after his contract ends this fall.

“It’s no secret, I want to stay here,” he said. “I really feel a part of things here.”

Even with top prospect Mike Piazza just one level away, it seems probable that Scioscia will receive at least one more contract here.

Scioscia has not heard anything about a new contract, though, and won’t.

Even though Fred Claire, Dodger vice president, broke his policy by giving Scioscia a new deal before the end of the 1989 season, Claire has since toughened his stance of not holding contract discussions until the end of the season.

Claire is outspoken in his praise of Piazza and Dodger backup Carlos Hernandez, but there is a sense that he understands Scioscia’s value in a different light.

“Right now I would give Mike good marks as always,” he said. “He does a lot of things that people who don’t follow our games closely wouldn’t know.”

Scioscia was enjoying playing golf 11 years ago when Mickey Hatcher asked him to play in a new tournament for this unusual hospital.

It turned out to be the start of a relationship that peaked last year when he learned that Jason Van Beek had become one of the first athletes in the country to receive a wheelchair basketball scholarship.

And to think that when Van Beek, at 9, first visited Casa Colina, he was suffering from Guillian Barre Syndrome and was paralyzed from the neck down.

“To see people like that, that makes it all worth it,” Scioscia said. “I mean, one of the first scholarships in the whole country. حاليا هذا an achievement.”

Bill Plaschke has been an L.A. Times columnist since 1996. He has been named national sports columnist of the year eight times by the Associated Press, and twice by the Society of Professional Journalists and National Headliner Awards. He is the author of five books, including a collection of his columns entitled, “Plaschke: Good Sports, Spoil Sports, Foul Ball and Oddballs.” Plaschke is also a panelist on the popular ESPN daily talk show, “Around the Horn.” For his community service, he has been named Man of the Year by the Los Angeles Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and has received a Pursuit of Justice Award from the California Women’s Law Center. Plaschke has appeared in a movie (“Ali”), a dramatic HBO series (“Luck”) and, in a crowning cultural moment he still does not quite understand, his name can be found in a rap song “Females Welcome” by Asher Roth. In case you were wondering – and he was – “Plaschke” is rhymed with “Great Gatsby.”

These trips will take you to priceless places, and our pro tips will help you dig deeper.

Californians can now access a digital copy of their COVID-19 vaccination record as part of a new system unveiled by the state, officials said.

Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have lifted rules about crowds and distancing. Fireworks are coming back. But some changes will stick.

Transportation officials and drivers are waiting to see traffic and transit patterns altered by the COVID-19 pandemic offer clues to the future of commuting or mark only a temporary change in L.A.'s gridlock.

A growing contingent of medical experts is questioning the conventional wisdom that healthy children should get COVID-19 shots as soon as possible.


Nopatin SP-2195 - History

DuBois Chemicals Response to COVID-19

DuBois Chemicals Response to COVID-19Read More

DuBois Chemicals Response to COVID-19

DuBois Chemicals Response to COVID-19Read More

DuBois – Where chemistry and process knowledge meet

Reduced operating costs • Sustainable chemistry • Safe and efficient processes

DuBois – Where chemistry and process knowledge meet

Reduced operating costs • Sustainable chemistry • Safe and efficient processes

DuBois – Where chemistry and process knowledge meet

Reduced operating costs • Sustainable chemistry • Safe and efficient processes

DuBois has a comprehensive line of proven technologies.

DuBois provides a complete line of customized solutions that assist in the top quality production of your manufactured goods. Our chemicals and technical support will help you optimize performance, improve quality and lower costs. We will partner with you by offering innovative process solutions and technical services that exceed your expectations.

DuBois has a long history of providing best in class cleaning solutions for the Food Processing and Beverage Industries. We focus on open plant cleaning (OPC), clean-in-place (CIP) and sanitization. DuBois is a SQF Certified manufacturer.

DuBois has unique application technologies for tissue, towel, paper board, packaging, printing and specialty paper mills. We specialize in fabric treatment and cleaning, deposit control, roll treatment and general paper mill cleaning. Our industry standard solutions will allow you to run your machines at peak efficiency.

DuBois has custom solutions for cooling towers, closed-loops, and boilers that can result in significant water, labor and energy savings. Our Legionella control programs will help you maintain safety at your facility, and our cloud-based data management will keep you informed. DuBois Wastewater experts are ready to design a treatment program that will help keep you in compliance.

DuBois manufactures and supplies Blendco Systems full line of auto wash and C.A.R. detailing products. We are dedicated to providing you with the very best auto care products to take you where you want to go putting out cleaner cars faster and improving your bottom line.

DuBois integrates chemistry, equipment and service to ensure you are keeping your fleet and image clean. We have decades of experience cleaning large vehicles for freight and grocery haulers, rail, municipal transit and waste management providers.

For nearly 100 years, DuBois has delivered improved product quality and lower costs to customers in target industries. We combine advanced chemistry, equipment solutions, manufacturing process knowledge, and local technical service to create unsurpassed value.


the code ( try block in your case) runs regardless of the if condition as the try block clears the scope of if block.
Either put try completely inside if block or surround both if,else statement by a single try block.

I don't know what is the need of multiple try/catch here :

You can add one more catch(Exception e) to the upper try/catch block and that will serve the same purpose. Secondly there is no else part to this if (root.RootAvailibility() && (root.checkRootMethod3())) . So, if it is false the program will simply move forward.

Well you're always going to see Text04 because there's no conditional that excludes it. كتلة التقاط المحاولة الموجودة في المستوى الأعلى.

سيكون من المفيد إذا كان بإمكانك تقديم مثال قصير ومستقل وقابل للترجمة من التعليمات البرمجية الخاصة بك. من الواضح أن هناك رمزًا آخر يحتمل أن يكون ذا صلة مفقودًا. على سبيل المثال ، المحاولة التي تتوافق مع كتلة catch الأخيرة. أيضًا ، قد يساعدك في التعليق على بداية ونهاية مجموعات التعليمات البرمجية الخاصة بك حتى تتمكن من معرفة ما هو مدرج في عبارات if else.

List of site sources >>>


شاهد الفيديو: Parque Botyra Camorim Gatti. Mogi das Cruzes - SP. Papai Manda bem no P A T I N S. (كانون الثاني 2022).